Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mi primera día en España


It has been a very long day in Spain. After getting off the red eye, we had orientation and then went to our homestays, where I took siestas before and after lunch. I'm just really trying to integrate myself into the culture, and that means more naps! Lunch was two very spanish dishes, which I was really excited about. I got to try gazpacho y la tortilla española. They were both delicious! The tortilla española was amazing! It was basically a potato omelet, and it was sooooo good! After my segunda siesta, I had my first aventura with the metro. It was actually super easy, and very clean compared to the T. I went to the Puerta del Sol, and it was beautiful and very fun. After exploring a bit, we went to la Plaza Mayor, the site of many historical gatherings for the Spanish Inquisition, bullfights, etc. After learning about it in basically every Spanish class I have ever taken, it was really cool to finally see it in person! After a lot of walking, we sat down to a dinner outside and then walked around exploring the nightlife! There are people walking around advertising their clubs and trying to get you to come in, very different from the typical Harvard night out I am used to :) After a very long day, I was exhausted and returned to my homestay, but on the way home, got too see a guy playing with fire! What a day! It is so nice to finally be in Madrid, but I am definitely not ready for classes to start on Monday. ¡Solamente quiero discubrir la ciudad!

Puerta del Sol
La Plaza Mayor
Man with fire :)

No comments:

Post a Comment