Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Turistas Afortunados

I'm going to do two entries today because it has been so long, and I have been on two trips since my last entry. I went to Barcelona for the weekend, where we rented an apartment for two nights, and squished eight girls into an apartment that was supposed to hold six. College kids need to save money! We took an overnight bus and arrived at 7am, so we took power naps and headed straight to the beach. It was amazing to sit on the beach without a care, and just lay in the sun and enjoy being in Barcelona. After laying around the beach most of the day, we headed to a restaurant on the boardwalk where we sat outside in the beautiful weather and got sangria, a huge plate of seafood paella (most amazing spanish meal ever!), individual appetizers, bread, and dessert for 12 euros each. We were very proud of our cheap meal. It was amazing! Some of the group went back to the beach, but I headed back to the apartment with a couple other girls to start showering since eight of us were sharing one bathroom, no bueno. After I forgot to put sunscreen on my upper back, my fried skin needed to get out of the sun immediately. We went out for mexican food for dinner (weird to have mexican in Spain) because Alex's friend recommended it. We waited for probably an hour and a half, but had some really amazing burritos that made it worth the wait! Our planned night out was cut a little short when most of us were too tired to go anywhere but bed. We woke up Saturday morning and packed a ridiculous amount of sight seeing into one day! The pictures speak for themselves!
Plaza de España
The view of Barcelona from MNAC (Museu Nacional d'Art Catalunya)
Site of the 1992 Olympics

"Sport as you have never experienced it"

View from the Teleféric de Montijuïc, which is a gondola ride up the mountain
gorgeous!

Castell de Montijuïc

Castell de Montijuïc

Castell de Montijuïc

View from the top! This was my favorite place in Barcelona, I could have sat up there forever!
The view was amazing, you could see the city, the beach, the port, everything!

Fave place in Barcelona! I really want to live in this castle!

La Sagrada Familia
Un.Real. This cathedral was amazing. I could not believe the amount of detail
here! It can't even grasp the concept of designing this place, and then to actually
build it! It was just so amazing to see in real life.


Pretty columns and stained glass

So much detail! and a nice photo bomb in the red :)

Park Güell
We saw this on the last day and had to rush through so we wouldn't miss our bus
I really wanted to spend more time there, we didn't even get to see any of the cool parts,
I guess I'll just have to come back to Spain :)

View from Park Güell
Barcelona is beautiful!
After a very fun and exciting trip to Barcelona, and an eight hour bus ride back, I went straight to bed for some much needed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment